Re: apt-get broken, packages not fully installed or removed

Dave,

On Wed, Jun 14, 2006 at 06:12:29PM +0700, Dave Patterson wrote:
> * Charles Hallenbeck <chuckh@hhs48.com> [2006-06-14 06:50:32 -0400]:
>

> 'Eek!' said I, and yes, do a backup.
>
> Then, yank it out.

Yeah, but I can't yank it out! It is not fully installed, and nothing in
my arsenal can yank it out.

> Then, pull debconf from the testing
> repository manually and install with dpkg -i (full packagename.deb) from the
> directory you put it in.
>
> Or, do this: add the testing repository to you /etc/apt/sources.list
>
> apt-get update
>
> apt-get remove --purge debconf

I wish that command would work, but it will not.

Ditto.

The real trouble with abandoning the problem by reinstalling my system
from scratch is, since I don't know what caused it, I might just run
into it again. I think I will rummage around some more before pulling
the plug.

--
The Moon is Waning Gibbous (91% of Full)
Get downloads from http://www.mhcable.com/~chuckh