Re: Debian testing repository broken?

On Fri, Jun 02, 2006 at 10:38:48PM +0000, Zach wrote:

> I have copied this to the debian-testing group since this may be a
> problem with apt.

I think it's an apt config file - see below.

> Fetched 7401B in 16s (441B/s)
> Failed to fetch
> http://http.us.debian.org/debian/dists/testing/main/binary-i386/PackagesIndex
> MD5Sum mismatch
> Reading package lists... Done
> W: Couldn't stat source package list http://http.us.debian.org
> testing/main Packages
> (/var/lib/apt/lists/http.us.debian.org_debian_dists_testing_main_binary-i386_Packages)
> - stat (2 No such file or directory)
> W: Couldn't stat source package list http://http.us.debian.org
> testing/main Packages
> (/var/lib/apt/lists/http.us.debian.org_debian_dists_testing_main_binary-i386_Packages)
> - stat (2 No such file or directory)
> W: You may want to run apt-get update to correct these problems
> E: Some index files failed to download, they have been ignored, or old
> ones used instead.

Apt couldn't parse the /etc/apt/sources.list ??

> Here is my /etc/apt/sources.list :
>
> deb http://http.us.debian.org/debian testing main contrib non-free
> deb-src http://http.us.debian.org/debian testing main contrib non-free

Try a / after debian above - so:

deb http://http.us.debian.org/debian/ etch main contrib non-free
deb-src http://http.us.debian.org/debian/ etch main contrib non-free

[Using etch (release name) so that when it's released as stable in a few
months time, you don't automatically flip to the next release unless you
wish to by altering the release name :) ]

> deb ftp://ftp.real-time.com/linux/real-time etch custom main non-free
> contrib

Can't help with any problems with this one :)

> Regards,
> Zach

HTH, all the best,

Andy