Re: Debina Installation ISO DVD Image Files

At 1149075468 past the epoch, Robert J. A. Fernandes. wrote:
> I have downloaded DVD ISO Images files from this below
> location: -
> http://cdimage.debian.org/debian-cd/3.1_r2/i386/iso-dvd/
>
> in this section the file size its shows 4.4G for
> debian-31r2-i386-binary-1, but when I am downloading it
> give me 372MB and for the another file
> debian-31r2-i386-binary-2 it shows 4.1G but when I
> downloads it gives me 127MB.
>
> So is this file ok or has to be correct 4 GB?

The files you have downloaded are corrupted or truncated and
are not proper copies of the dvd images. You can verify this
for yourself by calculating the md5 sums of the files you
have and comparing them against those listed in the MD5SUMS
file at the address above (although since the file sizes
don't match there's no point in doing this now, your copies
are definitely broken).

It is generally not recommended to download DVD images
directly in this manner, as it is prone to failure (as we
can see here). A far better means is to use "jigdo" as
described at <http://www.debian.org/CD/jigdo-cd/>. This is
more reliable and often faster.

--
Jon Dowland