Re: How to test a hard drive

Another alternative may be to get the Ultimate Boot CD (UBCD), which
ships with a number of motherboard tooks, manufacturer hard drive tools,
filesystem tools, plus a copy of the INSERT live Linux distro.

I have successfully used this at work to get the manufacturer's failure
code from a dead (dying) Maxtor drive.

It is available from http://wired.s6n.com/files/ubcd/

--b