Re: probleempje..?!

On Mon, 2006-05-29 at 15:14 +0200, -=greya=- wrote:
> hi,
> ik heb onlangs de Debian 64bit netwerk-installatie cd gedownload,
> deze herkent mijn SATA-DVD brander niet,maar ik raak ook niet verder dan de
> herkennings module van de cd ..?
> terwijl dit ee netwerk installatie cd zou zijn..?, t'is net of of de
> software in een loop wordt gedrukt,ik kom
> telkens bij het zelfde puntje uit, "DE HERKENNINGS MODULE VAN DE CD"
>
> GROETJES

This is an english list, so try that :)

I'll translate your post for now:

> I have recently downloaded the Debian 64bit network installation disc,
> which does not recognize my SATA-DVD burner, but I can't get past the
> "cd recognition module" ...?
> While this should be an network installation ...? It's like the
> software gets into a loop, I end up at the same point over and over
> "the cd recogintion module"
>
> Greets

Now, a possible answer: Even if you have a network installation, the
system can't install itself from nothing. Therefore, it will load the
installation routine from the CD (kernel, app), which allows you to
prepare your harddrive and install the base system. This base system
will handle the rest of the installation.

I don't know about your hardware, but SATA-DVD burner sounds quite new.
I honestly don't know how good that is supported.

which version did you download?

Philippe De Ryck