Re: sid + translucent Xorg windows

Hugo Vanwoerkom kirjoitti ma 29. toukokuuta 2006 06:21:01:
> Petteri wrote:
> >Hugo Vanwoerkom kirjoitti ma 29. toukokuuta 2006 03:17:52:
> >>Thanks! Forgot to ask: what driver package do you use?
> >
> >I use the non-free nvidia driver. Installed it with the help of this
> >page: http://wiki.debian.org/NvidiaGraphicsDrivers and used the
> >module-assistant method.
> >

> But what version?

The latest packaged in Debian (non-free nvidia-glx, see the wikipage for
install details).

> Reason I ask is I get the "screen frozen but mouse pointer moves" bug.
> http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=31858
>
> I made the changes you indicated to xorg.conf.
>
> Then, because I don't use KDE:
>
> 1. Downloaded xcompmgr
> 2. Compiled that + installed the libraries that were missing
> 3. Downloaded transset
> 4. Compiled that
> 5. In fvwm made invocation of xcompmgr triggered by Alt+F9 and
> translucent degrees by Shift+lower mousewheel
>
> That works on a MX-440 PCI card with non-free driver 7167 (the latest I
> can use with the AGP TNT2 card) with no additional CPU usage.
>
> But "soon" you get the bug, just like I got it a year ago. I believe it
> is because of the driver. But strange that you don't report it.

I had the same bug couple of years a go and swithced then back to
nv-driver. Then I got all exited about the new xorg extensions and
installed back the non-free driver, it has worked without any freeze
ever since.