Re: Paste with translation table into gnome-terminal?

On Fri, May 26, 2006 at 09:46:20AM -0400, Greg Folkert wrote:

> The actual problem is with Language Handling and the simplification of
> it for End users. Which means, file a bug report *SOMEWHERE* where you
> feel it will at least be looked at.

Will do.  I'll file against gnome-terminal and let the maintainer move it if
that's wrong.  I suspect a wishlist bug from the Debian developer will have
more weight with the GNOME people than some random guy like me making a
request.

> The problem with xterm breaking in xorg, I believe is fixable without
> re-compiling it ...

Sure was.  I purged and reinstalled it and it's fine.

Now: should I file a bug against xterm, or xorg, because the upgrade process
is broken?  Or do you think the maintainers know that?

Thank you, Greg.  And Kevin, too, for making useful suggestions.
--
Carl Fink                                 carl@finknetwork.com
If you attempt to fix something that isn't broken, it will be.