Re: Marvell Yukon gigabit ethernet card

Alex Fernandez wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> Last year I purchased a new amd64 system: an AOpen XC cube EZ482,
> where I have been trying to install Debian for a long time. Still no
> luck with Debian testing amd64 net install, from April 13th 2006. So
> rather than keep trying out daily images and wasting CDs, I'm asking
> here before filing a bug report as per
>   http://www.debian.org/Bugs/Reporting
>
> The problem is the Marvell Yukon 88E8053 gigabit Ethernet card,
> integrated on the motherboard. I have seen many bug reports about this
<snip>
> Thanks,
>
> Alex.

I just bought an Asus p5WDG2-WS motherboard the other day.
It has a Marvel 88E8066/8062 dual Gigabit controller onboard.
Using the debian stock kernel: 2.6.15-1-486, from a netinstall cd that I had
lying around, the network was auto detected upon install. But was NOT seen
after the subsequent reboots.
I manually loaded sk98lin and there was a network again.

Best regards
Jan

--
** Do NOT use the reply-to address. You'll end up in the trash can
** Mail me at: jan AT schledermann D0T org