Re: Re: Having cron-apt choose the default action (rather than yes)during upgrades?

> That would be "Trivial Only"
>
> Look that up in the man page for apt-get ( should be
> "--trivial-only")
>
> You will probably want to add "--allow-unauthenticated"

No go on this sorry - I tried an apt-get dist-upgrade --trivial-only and
got this:

Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree... Done
  debianutils gnome-cups-manager libpt-plugins-oss libpt-plugins-v4l
  python-ipy rhythmbox tidy
  console-tools cron-apt doc-debian edict file-roller gdk-imlib1 gdk-imlib11
  gedit gedit-common gettext gettext-base gnome-menus gtkhtml3.8 imlib-base
  imlib11 libaudio-dev libaudio2 libconsole libgdl-1-0 libgdl-1-common
  libgksu1.2-0 libgnome-menu2 libgtkhtml3.8-15 libkrb53 libmetacity0
  libmusicbrainz4c2a libpcsclite1 logcheck logcheck-database logtail
metacity
  metacity-common nmap portmap procmail python-gmenu sed ssl-cert
38 upgraded, 0 newly installed, 0 to remove and 7 not upgraded.
Need to get 16.6MB of archives.
After unpacking 154kB disk space will be freed.
E: Trivial Only specified but this is not a trivial operation.

What does it regard as a non-trivial option?  I'd just like it to do
everything, choosing the default option.  It seems that -y would make is
answer yes to everything, and --trivial-only doesn't work.  Any more
options?