Re: sx audio stream only for windows??

Dale Hair wrote:

On Sat, 2006-05-13 at 17:39 +0300, gustavo halperin wrote:

But, How ??? In my case when I run xine ( > xine http://200.43.193.192/radio3/soft.wsx) I also hear just the first song, how do you run Xine. Did do pass some especial option ??
  Thank you,
        Gustavo Halperin

I don't know what the problem is, every song uses the same codec - MS
Windows Media Audio 2 (ffmpeg audio) according to xine.  So if the first
song plays the others should also.

I just run
xine http://200.43.193.192/radio3/soft.wsx

I have never set up a special config file for xine.  Running the latest
sid and xine-ui.

Same here. Only I'm running Sarge, not Sid. Nothing special for running xine. It just works. I've listened to at least three songs, it may have been more, as I was in and out of the room. I have found xine to be the only media player that 'just works' with whatever I have thrown at it. Granted, I'm not a heavy user of any media player, but xine has worked on anything that I have tried to listen to, or view.

This is what I have installed:

$ dpkg -l | grep xine
ii libxine1 1.0.1-1sarge2 the xine video/media player library, binary
ii  xine-ui        0.99.3-1       the xine video player, user interface

$ dpkg -l | grep codec
ii  libxvidcore4   1.1.0-beta2+cv High quality ISO MPEG4 codec library
ii  w32codecs      20050412-0.4   win32 binary codecs

--
Marc Shapiro

No boom today. Boom tomorrow. There's always a boom tomorrow.
What?! Look, somebody's got to have some damn perspective around here.
Boom. Sooner or later ... boom!

- Susan Ivanova: B5 - Grail