Re: Udev problem

Frank Hart on 26/04/06 14:24, wrote:
On Thu, Apr 20, 2006 at 11:59:09AM +0100, Adam Hardy wrote:
I had a similar problem and solved it by doing a "apt-get --purge remove" followed by moving the old /etc/udev/ out of the way to /etc/udev.old/

Then I reinstalled the udev I needed and the problem sorted itself out.

Seems to me that you lost the udev rules other packages provide by removing /etc/udev and reinstalling. This looks like a bug in alsa and libgphoto. Recent udev force you to write correct rules (look in the changelog for "=" and "==").

Absolutely correct and with my configuration of packages, I had problems with sound and with the hardware sensors. I should have included that caveat.