Re: distributions: UBUNTU vs DEBIAN

On Sunday 23 April 2006 12:47, Joey Hess wrote:
> Hal Vaughan wrote:
> > From my observation, whenever something like this comes up on this
> > list, there are those who listen and are willing to pay attention
> > to constructive criticism and others who can't and keep saying
> > things like the above comment or developers that can't accept
> > criticism and become quite nasty with the users.
>
> As far as I know I'm the only DD participating in this thread. Please
> show an example of me being thin skinned and nasty with users in this
> thread.

Read it again. "Whenever".  Actually, as a DD, you're not being as
stubborn as some I've dealt with.  In this thread, you are not the
overreactive person.  Sorry.  I wrote that after 5 hours sleep and was
not as specific as I could have been.  I tried to point out that it's
only a few that behave that way, though.  I was referring specifically
to the person I was responding to, and really should have pointed out
it was not just developers.  My bad.

I do know this: after the one bug report I filed recently and the lack
of dialog and negative response I got from a developer, I'll be rather
unlikely to ever file bug reports again.  It's a different situation,
but the same frustration: This is the way it is, and if you don't like
it, well, I do, and that's what matters.

Hal