Re: wpasupplicant_0.4.8-1 problem

On Sun, Apr 02, 2006 at 05:10:12PM -0700, L.V.Gandhi wrote:
> On 4/2/06, Michael Ott <michael@zolnott.de> wrote:
  <snip>
> > I copy the config file back from dpkg-bak and set in following new
> > parameter in /etc/networking/interface:
> > wpa_conf /etc/wpa_supplicant.conf
>
> Thanks for the response. I added that line in
> /etc/networking/interface and copied  dpkg-bak  for
> wpa_supplicant.conf. Still it is not working.

try making that wpa_conf a wpa-conf instead and try again.  At least,
that's how I have it in my /etc/networking/interfaces

> Home net has wep. It is
> in wpa_supplicant.conf. But it is not getting connected. The site you
> mentioned says wep is put in  /etc/networking/interface file. Hence
> for wep, should i think wpa_supplicant.conf is not useful.

I'm using wpa_supplicant.conf and wep right now and it's working.

> whether
> your system has wep? How do you handle it?

Just as shown above.

--
Christopher Nelson -- chris@cavein.org
In real love you want the other person's good.  In romantic love you