Re: R: ATI RADEON 7500C

Cesare Porta wrote:
I've installed Debian on a laptop VAIO model PGC-GRV516G with graphical
board ATI mobility RADEON 7500C

I can see Debian at just at 800x600 resolution or less.

If I set at 1280x1024 I see the screen divided in three parts not in
sequenze and I can't use the mouse.

What can I do to have 1280x1024 on this ATI mobility RADEON 7500C?

Are you using Debian testing (Etch) or unstable (Sid)? If so, you can
try what is discussed in this message:
http://lists.debian.org/debian-laptop/2006/03/msg00105.html

For Debian stable (Sarge) the command

dpkg-reconfigure --priority=low xserver-xorg

has to be replaced by

dpkg-reconfigure --priority=low xserver-xfree86

and you will not be able to use the package "laptop-detect".

Regards,
           Florian