Re: Looking for a Debian Sarge installer ISO with megaraid...

Ah, yeah I tried doing modprobe megaraid and it said module not found...how would I go about finding out if the module is included in the installer CD and if so what it's called so I can modprobe it? Thanks! :-)

On 3/19/06, Greg Madden <gomadtroll@gci.net> wrote:
On Sunday 19 March 2006 09:35, Hex Star wrote:
> Hi, I'm in need of a Debian Sarge 3.1r1 or similar (one that would work
> with the rest of the cds containing the packages that come with the
> Debian Sarge 3.1r1 installer CD) that has support for the devices
> supported in the kernels already included with the installer CD and I
> need it to support the megaraid driver..anyone know where I can find
> this? Or perhaps could someone build this for me please? Or perhaps
> someone could create a custom installer boot floppy that satisfies this
> need? Thanks!

I am not 'real' sure  but my guess is megaraid is compiled as a module, I
don't have Sarge installed to check, but it is a driver that has been
around awhile..Woody, If this is happening during an install switch to
another tty, an modprobe the megaraid module, you need to know the actual
name, I just used the generic name.
--
Greg Madden