Re: Someone get rid of this stupid thing.

oops, why do i keep doing that...

On 3/18/06, Mike Smith <mmiikkee13@gmail.com> wrote:
My procmail rule is:
----------
:0:
* ^From: AntiSpam UOL <.*@uol.com.br>
/dev/null
----------
I don't use procmail - I check my email through Gmail's web interface.

Incidentally I made a blog entry yesterday regarding this.

http://malayamaarutham.blogspot.com/2006/03/reporting-emails-from-petsupermarket.html

Since you are using gmail, I think this method could work for you. Now
let's just hope that enough people train their gmail filters regarding
this st**id petsupermarket spam.

Actually, "Report as spam" is disabled (grayed out) in the Trash folder.

 Banning someone from this list may be a little harsh... perhaps the
server can be configured to not send that email..?

Then they need to configure it like that.  Spamming is unacceptable, even when disguised as an anti-spam measure :-)

On 3/18/06, cga < cga2000@gmail.com> wrote:
Jason D. Clinton wrote:

>On Sat, 2006-03-18 at 09:57 -0500, Gene Heskett wrote:
>

>>4. Since no subscriber, such as me, has access to this list, and since
>>the list manager of one of the effected lists, debian-user is just one
>>of many similarly effected, has already tried this WITHOUT getting a
>>response so he could identify the guilty party, its considered
>>hopeless.
>>

>I completely agree with everything you said but thought I might add a
>reference to a request in English and Spanish

portuguese..

> politely

if you feel being polite is going to make much difference, that is.. ;-)