Re: Newcomers to Debian downloading/ordering full CD-set

Sorry Neil, I meant to send it to the list.

On Wed, 15 Mar 2006 09:12:31 +1100
Neil Dugan <debian@butterflystitches.com.au> wrote:

> I think it would be a good idea to order the different install methods
> by how many iso files needed (i.e. net install first).
>
> Another thing that might be handy is to have a web form with the major
> packages on it that you can tick off to get a list of iso files needed
> to install those packages.
>
> Regards Neil.

Thinking more about this I think my personal wishlist/vision would be something like this:

CD1: Live/Rescue/Base system

CD-Desktop-Base
CD-Desktop-Office
CD-Desktop-Multimedia
CD-Server-Web
CD-Server-Mail
CD-Server-SQL
CD-Developer-Web
CD-Developer-Programming
CD-Scientific-Math

Andrei
--
If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough. (Albert Einstein)