Re: Proposed change for subscriptions...

Mike McCarty said:
> I proposed a change in order to prevent such posts. I propose that
> messages which come from non-subscribed aliases be rejected from the
> list.

    This has been asked for and rejected for the past several years.  On
many things Debian is sensible.  On this Debian is downright negligent
and utterly stupid.  Want to know the reason why it isn't implemented?

    Because maybe, somewhere, someone who's looking for support is going to
somehow figure out how to set up Debian, get it online, get it sending
and receiving mail yet be utterly incapable of filling out the webform
to subscribe to the mailing list to receive help in order to.... set up
Debian, get it online, get it sending and receiving mail.

    Yeah, head explosion time right there.

--
Steve Lamb