debian install hp pavillion a1314n

Hello everyone I am trying to install debian on an hp pavillion a1314n with little luck.  I am trying to install the stable sarge port for amd_64 and whenever i reach the partition stage it says that there are no hard drives connected.  I think that I may have a sata hard drive.  Knoppix loads fine and I have been up all night trying to get this thing working.  Would you please be able to help?
Processor
AMD ATHLON X2 3800+ DUAL CORE PROCESSOR
Graphics Card
ATI RADEON(R) XPRESS 200 with up to 256mb of shared memory
Memory
1024MB DDR SDRAM (2x512MB) Memory

Total memory slots: 4 DIMM

Maximum memory expansion: 4GB
Hard Drive
250 GB 7200RPM SATA Hard Drive
Primary Drive
Lightscribe DVD+/-RW/R & CD-RW Combo w/Double Layer Support
Secondary Drive
CDROM 48x drive
Networking
Integrated 56K Modem + 10/100 Ethernet LAN
Audio
Built-in
Ports
6 Universal Serial Bus (USB 2.0) 2 Front and 4 Rear

1 Firewire 1394 - Front

1 RJ-11 (modem)

1 Parallel Port

1 RJ-45 (LAN)