Re: How long must a bug report be ignored before I escalate?

Carl Fink wrote:
On Sat, Feb 25, 2006 at 05:20:31PM -0600, John Hasler wrote:

Carl Fink writes:

I know Debian now has a system to report non-responsive maintainers, but
I hate to jump on someone.

You are jumping on him.

Thanks, that response was unhelpful, yet lacked any benefit.

I dunno.  Seems to me he answered the question.
You are jumping on him.

Considering what you are paying, I would expect a week for a bug report response to be reasonable before you really start worrying about it. If you're that concerned, then it might make sense to try and spend a few minutes helping narrow the problem down so they have a chance.

Now that you've managed to install squirrelmail, have you at least removed the bug report from the queue so he doesn't have to waste his time with it (assuming it's not really a bug)?