Re: OT : K9Copy Problems

On Tue, 07 Feb 2006 18:24:59 -0800
Scarletdown <scarletdown@gmail.com> wrote:

> So, anything else I might try to get this to work?

It depends on the types of files you already have. Say you have a
couple of videos that are in a particular format that you want to put
on a SL disk. Now, unless these video(s) were already on a DL disk, you
could use something like tovid(gui) to process the files into DVD
compliant video with (or without) menus. The "menu" doesn't need to be
anything fancy. For the ones that I've done so far, my "menu" is just a
list of filenames that I can pick from using the DVD player remote :).

The few times I've tried k9copy it seems to copy everything fine to the
new blank dvd but the player I use (i.e, stand alone one, not
xine/mplayer/etc) hangs in the menu, and I can't get to the videos
themselves. I don't experience this behavior when running DVD Shrink
under wine.