Re: Changing fonts in Seamonkey Mail panels

And Where can I get debian packages of SM?

В Пнд, 06/02/2006 в 13:12 -0500, Felix Miata пишет:
> Marc Shapiro wrote:
>
> > I have been unable to find any play on the mozilla.org site to ask this
> > question, so I am hoping that someone here can help me.
>
> > I am trying to change the fonts used in the various panels in Seamonkey
> > Mail.  I am using the same profile as I use for the Mozilla Suite, but
> > the displayed fonts are not the same (or the display of them is handled
> > differently).  The fonts used by the Mozilla Suite are much more
> > readable than those used for Seamonkey.  Changes to
> > 'Edit/Preferences/Appearance/Fonts are only supposed to affect web
> > pages, not the folder and message lists of Seamonkey, itself.
>
> If both your SM and your Moz are from debs, or both are from mozilla.org
> downloads, when there should be no difference in the UI fonts. You may
> want to take a look at resolving any DPI issues before trying to adjust
> the fonts themselves: http://www.mozilla.org/unix/dpi.html
>
> Moz and SM and Firefox UI fonts are managed with CSS, something not
> particularly easy for a CSS novice to get a handle on. Users can change
> them using the file chrome/userChrome.css in your profile directory. The
> one you'll want to start with is probably treechildren, in the form used
> on: http://www.mozilla.org/unix/customizing.html#usercss , probably
> something like "treechildren {font-size: 9pt !important; font-family:
> 'dejavu sans' !important;}".
>
> The Dom Inspector in your SM Tools menu can help you find the rules that
> you want to manipulate, but Domi isn't easy to learn either. The trick
> there is to start thus: 1-open the correct mailnews window in Domi;
> 2-open the tree in the left pane; 3-Set the Object in the right pane to
> CSS Style Rules; 4-find the applicable DOM Node in the left pane's
> document tree; 5-examine the applicable rule(s) in the right pane;
> 6-edit your userChrome.css file with an applicable setting or override.
> The way CSS is inherited, it can be very difficult to find exactly what
> rule causes the computed value that you want to unset or override.
>
> If you are using compatible builds of both apps and yet see this
> difference that shouldn't be there, you might want to try visiting
> irc://moznet/seamonkey or irc://moznet/mozillazine with Chatzilla and
> asking for help finding out why the difference exists, or ask in the
> mozillazine.org forums.
> --
> "Love your neighbor as yourself."                Mark 12:31 NIV
>
>  Team OS/2 ** Reg. Linux User #211409
>
> Felix Miata  ***  http://mrmazda.no-ip.com/auth/

Description: =?koi8-r?Q?=FC=D4=C1?= =?koi8-r?Q?_=DE=C1=D3=D4=D8?= =?koi8-r?Q?_=D3=CF=CF=C2=DD=C5=CE=C9=D1?= =?koi8-r?Q?_=D0=CF=C4=D0=C9=D3=C1=CE=C1?= =?koi8-r?Q?_=C3=C9=C6=D2=CF=D7=CF=CA?= =?koi8-r?Q?_=D0=CF=C4=D0=C9=D3=D8=C0?=