Re: Strange behaviour with gigabit ethernet

On Monday 30 January 2006 7:22 pm, Dexter wrote:
> Hi,
> i`ve not much idea about this, but i`d check if windows ethernet card
> has aslo 1G speed. "FIFO overflow error" sound like somebody is pushing
> more, then somebody else is able to receive.
> Was speed of the copying Samba -> Windows realy 1G speed? Or just 100M?
> If it was 1G speed, than you should have copied 1 000 000 000 b * 360 s
> =360 000 000 000 b= 45 000 000 000 B= 45 GB.
> If it was just 100M speed, than you have copied just 4,5GB.
>   Dexter

Hi Dexter,

yes, the windows card has 1GB speed. I bought it especially for it, and it
shows under the network connections window as "1.0Gb".

Samba to Windows wasn't full 1gb speed (which I think is quite hard to achieve
in real life), but was certainly over 100mb speed, I can guarentee that,

Regards,
Andrew