empty /boot directory

Hi all,

This morning I rebooted my Debian-server.

After a while Grub responded during te boot-process with: Error 15 file not found.

To my surprise the whole boot directory appears to be empty, except for the /boot/grub directory.

The server is a HP Proliant 360 with a smartarray controller.

What I probably need to do is to reinstall a kernel image.

I can boot with a Debian-installer CD, but I don’t know how to manually mount what was /dev/cciss/c0d0p1.

After running the hardware detection I do have a /dev/cciss/disc0/par1

First I need access to a partition for making a copy of a file.

Then I like to install a kernel image so I can start the server without reinstalling everything.

Can anyone help me how to do this?