Re: Xorg not working with Matrox G550?? MGAGetBOARDHANDLESize

On Mon, Jan 30, 2006 at 01:17:41PM -0800, Bill Moseley wrote:
> This I don't need!  Sure hope someone can help.
>
> I've avoided a dist-upgrade for a while as last time X would not
> start until I download drivers from Matrox site.
>
> No such luck this time.

Did you try to use both the mga_drv and the hal library from Matrox?
The latest version is 4.3 and they seem to run with X.Org 6.9.

> By the way, how do I get auth to remotely try and start the xserver?
> My main display is dead in the water so I'm debugging this via ssh.

moseley@bumby:~$ sudo /etc/init.d/xdm stop
moseley@bumby:~$ sudo /etc/init.d/xdm start

or gdm or kdm depending which you are using.

> --
> Bill Moseley
> moseley@hank.org

Simo