Re: No luck getting Gallery to work on Sarge..Anyone able to??

On Sat, Jan 28, 2006 at 06:33:21PM -0600, John W. Foster wrote:
I have gallery installed from sarge, php4 and apache2 along with all the required, and suggested apps installed. So far I have not been able to get gallery to work. All are installed pretty much out of the box and php4 seems to work, both as command line or as cgi since the various test scripts produce the php test page in the browser. Although apache2 seems to be handling all tests as cgi. I get server errors when I try to run the setup for gallery after running the configure.sh script, and starting the correct setup mode. I also tried getting the G@ tarball and had exactly the same problem getting it to install. This all makes me think something is amiss with php4. I have also gone over the various php.ini scripts and checked them. I basically only commented out the database servers that I will not have available. If anyone has gotten this to work PLEASE Reply as I really want to use gallery. BTW I had it all working on a previous installation in woody about 2 years ago. Ran out of the box with php3.

It would be far, far more helpful if you posted the errors you got when you tried to install.

--
Steve Block
http://ev-15.com/