sd_mod....please...

hi!
can someone please help us with this issue? :

we have installed debian 3.1 on two machines without any problems at all, and
it works perfect.
But we have a computer that today runs suse 10 and now we would like to run
debian on that too.
The annoying : ...." loading module sd_mod for 'scsi disk support' " stops the
process at 91%, and nothing happens in the beginning of the installation.
Why?
The machine is an amd 3200 barton on a asus a7n8x mboard and has 3x512 ram
memory, 8 hard drives (ide and s-ata), four 5.25 units: 1 dvdrom, 2 cdburners
and 1 dvdburner.

we hope that u can help us with this, and hope that this is the right place to
ask.
Thanks in advance
--

MVH