Re: Package repositories?

On Fri, Jan 27, 2006 at 10:40:25PM -0800, Rob Blomquist wrote:
>I'm pretty new to this Debian adventure, and I am only currently set up
>with the default package sources. Where is the best place to find
>others to use?
>
>I would love to find the Adobe Acrobat Reader, a JVM package and a
>source like the Penguin Liberation Front (plf.zarb.org) for Mandriva,
>so that I could easily get the goods I need without the hassle of
>security guards.

I've added the experimental repo to my list (though I'm careful with
what I download from it):

 deb http://ftp.uk.debian.org/debian/ experimental main contrib non-free

Marillat (http://ftp.nerim.net/debian-marillat/) provides a few useful
things as well.

A Sun JVM package is easy to build yourself:
http://www.crazysquirrel.com/computing/debian/java.jspx

/M

magnus@therning.org
http://therning.org/magnus