Re: Package repositories?

On Saturday 28 January 2006 01:40, Rob Blomquist wrote:
>I'm pretty new to this Debian adventure, and I am only currently set
> up with the default package sources. Where is the best place to find
> others to use?
>
>I would love to find the Adobe Acrobat Reader, a JVM package and a
>source like the Penguin Liberation Front (plf.zarb.org) for Mandriva,
> so that I could easily get the goods I need without the hassle of
> security guards.
>
>Rob

Acroread you get from adobe, currently the linux version is 7.0.
The JVM you get from Java.sun.com IIRC, latest version is 1.5.something.
The JVM may require alien or similar to install on debian, and Acroread,
at least the version I have came in a tar.gz.

--
Cheers, Gene
message by Gene Heskett are: