Re: [OT] Mutt -- how to send tagged msgs. as bcc's ?

On Fri, Jan 27, 2006 at 11:00:26AM -0500, Stephen R Laniel wrote:
> On Fri, Jan 27, 2006 at 07:55:09AM -0800, Kenward Vaughan wrote:
> > Is there some key to do this that is flying by my face, or can a hook
> > be created for it?
>
> I think you want the bounce command. Tag a bunch of
> messages, type ';b' (semicolon, 'b'), then add the list of
> addresses to whom the message will be bounced. All of the
> recipients will see the 'To:' line, but they won't see the
> other people to whom it was bounced.
>
> Does that answer your question?

Not really.  I would like to generate a single reply which would be
sent to all the tagged msgs.  The idea is to mimic a reply ( ;r ), but
make it a bcc instead.

At this point, the only way I know to do this is to tag messages, hit
;r, write the message (after refusing to include any content from the
first tagged msg. body), quit with a save, then externally edit the
headers.

Thanks for the suggestion, though.

Kenward
--
In a completely rational society, the best of us would aspire to be
_teachers_ and the rest of us would have to settle for something less,