Re: Hardware RAID, software RAID, 3ware 9550SX, level 1 vs. level 5

On Fri, 27 Jan 2006 23:33:54 +0100
Stephan Seitz <nur-ab-sal@gmx.de> wrote:
> Hm, are you sure? Mirroring is RAID1. RAID10 means, that you have one
> RAID0 array mirrored at another one. Since you need three disks for a
> RAID5, I thought RAID50 would mean a RAID5 array over at least three
> RAID0 arrays (each with at least two disks, so RAID50 should need at
> least 6 disks).

As I understand it, and wikipedia agrees with me, RAID 50 is the same as RAID 5+0. Or a RAID 0 array of RAID 5 arrays. I *think* that the term specifically means a RAID 0 or RAID 5's rather than vice versa.

Cheers,

-ol

--
I will live for never, or live failing.