Re: How to minimize /dev (using udev)?

On Fri, Jan 27, 2006 at 11:26:09AM -0200, Henrique de Moraes Holschuh wrote:
>On Fri, 27 Jan 2006, Marty wrote:
>> Probably not.  Getting back to the topic, I still think it would still be
>> interesting to know why there is a 10 fold difference in the number of
>> devices on otherwise similar Sarge boxes.
>
>Ah, that.  Ask him for his kernel config, and compare to yours.  My /dev has
>only about 200 entries, and that counts a lot of extra crap (symlinks from
>lvm, files in /dev/shm...)
>
>If you compile-in support for some device (or module-load it), udev
>creates the nodes.

Where can I limit the modules that are loaded? (on a Sid system)

/M

magnus@therning.org
http://therning.org/magnus

by patent law on written works.

"Sendmail" and "make" are two well known programs that are pretty widely
regarded as being debugged into existence. That's why their command
languages are so poorly thought out and difficult to learn.  It's not
just you -- everyone finds them troublesome.
     -- Peter van der Linden, Expert C Programming, p. 220