Mouse Scroll Wheel Activates Context Menu In Firefox

I just installed Sid to a new partition on my hard drive.  I had trouble (as
posted eariler) with the mouse movement being jerky under the 2.6.8 kernel.
I replaced that with the 2.6.15 kernel, which I understand was packaged under
a new kernel packaging system.  The mouse movement is no longer jerky under
KDE (with X.org), but I had, and still have, to a small extent, a problem
with the mouse scroll wheel.  I'm not finding anything useful on this.

When I first booted with the 2.6.15 kernel, I was glad to see the jerky mouse
movement was gone, but when I used the scroll wheel to scroll up or down in a
window, the down scroll worked, but the up scroll would always bring up the
context menu.  A right click also brings up the context menu, as it should.
This happend in all KDE windows and in Firefox.

I edited /etc/X11/xorg.conf and added this line to the mouse config section:

Option "ZAxisMapping"   "4 5"

actually, at one point, xorgconfig had used another line:

Option "ZAxisMapping"   "4 5 6 7"

This fixed the problem in all KDE windows, but not in Firefox, where I use
this quite frequently while reading web pages and man pages.  Scrolling down
is no problem, but scrolling up always brings up the Firefox context menu.
If I right-click first, the context menu comes up, and if I hold down the
right mouse button and scroll while that button is down, I can scroll up and
down all I want.

If this happened in all windows, I'd think there were a problem with mapping
the buttons in xorg.conf, but the only window with this problem is Firefox.

Any ideas what is going on and how I can restore "normal" behavior where only
the right mouse button pops up a context menu, instead of scrolling up doing
it as well?

Thanks for any help!

Hal