Re: xfig symbol fonts appearance

Eftaxiopoulos Dimitrios wrote:
> I use xfig in Debian 3.1 (sarge) on a laptop Pentium M. The symbol (greek)
> fonts within xfig, used to appear ok on the screen and in the exported .eps
> file. Recently, I used xfig after a break and the symbol fonts give strange
> characters on the screen. While I type lower case letters, I see upper case
> ones on the screen and when I type upper case ones, I see mathematical
> symbols, numbers etc. on the screen. However, in the exported .eps file, the
> letters appear correctly i.e no ackward symbols.
>
> The package that I installed in the intermediate period was fig2ps, which I
> purged recently.

I am not sure I can solve this right away, but try to view the xfig
figure at different magnifications. I was experiencing 'kind of same'
weird problem, but I could get proper fonts at 1:1 mag only. So if you
can view them all okay on one or only a few magnifications, maybe it is
a font problem in your system.

->HSS