Re: mozilla privacy: block connections to third-party pages

Johannes Wiedersich wrote:

[...]

I'm not an expert for tricky html-code, but apparently one of the images
that are loaded from s.as-eu.falkag.net is contained in an external
frame of its own. Probably one would like to block frames that don't
come from the originating server.

It's amazing what people invent, just to collect as much information
about you as they can; there is no other reason for the external
referers in my bank's pages.

There's the adblock extension to firefox, but that would only work
*after* it's been activated manually for each site and is not much more
convenient than manual blacklisting on my firewall.

This is not exactly what you want, but I think adblock in combination
with the "Filterset.G" rules (http://www.pierceive.com/) comes pretty
close. This guy maintains an incredibly comprehensive set of regular
expressions to block all the advertisers, click-trackers, etc. The
falkag site is already included. I think these rules improve your
privacy enormously when used in combination with the adblock options
"remove ads", "check parent links" and "site blocking".

Regards,
           Florian