Re: ALSA And Flash-- how do I make them play together?

Hello

Keith Bates (<keith@new-life.org.au>) wrote:

> After re-installing and re-configuring ALSA, I have all my normal
> sound sources (xine, xmms) working well but I can't get any sound from
> flash in my browser (both Firefox and Opera). I did have them working
> previously, so there's probably some setting I've mixed.

Make sure that alsa-oss is installed. Check if your card can allow
several applications (sound server, browser) to access the card at the
same time. If it doesn't, you need to activate the dmix plugin for
software mixing.

best regards
        Andreas Janssen

PGP-Key-ID: 0xDC801674 ICQ #17079270