net boot file for potato?

I need a netboot file for Debian 2.2 (potato); i.e. a file that I can
use to bootstrap a Soekris box.

I understand (think, not know) that current versions of Debian contain a
file called 'netboot.tar.gz' that can be used for this purpose, but I
suspect that this file is release-specific (e.g. can't bootstrap potato
using a netboot.tar.gz from sarge). I've looked at the list of files
contained in potato, but I did not find a netboot.tar.gz file.

Sorry for the lack of research, but I don't currently have a Debian
potato to play with (in fact no Debian system at all). I'd appreciate
any clues.

Best Rgds,
Jay