Re: LILO with root-raid nightmare - please help.

On Sun, 2006-01-15 at 10:40, drbob wrote:
> I'm pretty sure it did. Attached are the outputs from fdisk and
> mdstat.

They look good.  I'm beginning to think that either your partition
table is corrupt or it's a non-DOS type that's too large to leave
room for LILO.

I can't find an fdisk option to ask for the partition table type.

You could try "parted /dev/hde print" (etc) to verify that both
drives have msdos partition tables.  The partition table type
is listed as e.g. "Disk label type: msdos".

FWIW, I always use "raid-extra-boot=mbr-only" but what you have
should work AFAIK.

--Mike Bird