Re: PCMCIA configuration

On 15 Jan 2006, John M Flinchbaugh wrote:
> On Sun, Jan 15, 2006 at 05:08:41PM +0000, Anthony Campbell wrote:
> > This may not be relevant,  but I've had problems with my Cisco Aironet
> > 340 which sound similar. I eventually tracked them to hotplug. If you
> > have upgraded this recently you could try going back to the version in
> > Stable.
>
> Ah, yes, I saw something similar recently with an orinoco_cs card.  A
> configuration on my other notebook somehow lent a hint.
>
> It seemed that hotplug incorrectly loaded the yenta_socket module when
> it started up, so the regular pcmcia startup didn't get a chance to do
> it correctly.
>
> I blacklisted yenta_socket from hotplug to allow it to later be
> initialized properly by pcmcia scripts.
>
> john@navi:~$ cat /etc/hotplug/blacklist.d/pcmcia
> pcmcia_core
> yenta_socket
>
> And reboot.
> --
> John M Flinchbaugh
> john@hjsoft.com

Never looked into the configureation of hotplug before. I don't have
anything at all in /etc/hotplug/blacklist.d. At present I've simply put
hotplug on hold to keep it at the version in Stable and provided I do
this everything works.

--
Anthony Campbell - ac@acampbell.org.uk
Microsoft-free zone - Using Linux Gnu-Debian