gpm problem

Hi,

I have a problem with gpm, the General Purpose Mouse Interface.

Tried both 1.19.6-21 (backported from Sid) and the Sarge version.

This is the problem:

"At times", after a copying and pasting operation, the mouse cursor disappears and the last item copied appears at the prompt all the time. In midnight commander, with the gpm option enabled, all lines are selected all the time when the mouse is moved.

Starting stopping gpm do nothing. I have to reboot for the mouse cursor to appear again.

This is my gpm.conf:

device=/dev/input/mouse1br
responsiveness=15
repeat_type=
#type=imps2
type=ps2
append="-S \"/sbin/poweroff\""

I've tried various types, to no avail.

Looking over the bugs listed under the gpm package I see nothing that is similar. So I don't even think it is a gpm problem.

Anybody have a suggestion on what to do next?