Re: 83 IBM P4 LAPTOPS FOR SALE OFF LEASE
Jimmy Gent wrote:
<snip some spam>
This email is in compliance with the anti-spam legislation known as the Can-Spam Act of 2003 (S.877). According to this federal legislation (which supercedes all state legislation) a commercial email is not "spam" (even if it is unsolicited) as long as it meets the following requirements:
1) the ad clearly states that it is an advertisement for sale or purchase
2) the ad includes a valid physical address
3) remove instructions are included for those who wish to "opt out"
4) no false or misleading claims are made
5) the "from" line contains correct, valid email address
6) the subject line is not intentionally misleading
The federal government has set up the following web page with summary of the anti-spam legislation at this web address .... http://www.spamlaws.com/federal/summ108.html#s877
If you wish to stop receiving our offers please reply with "remove" in the subject line. It is not our intention to inconvenience or annoy anyone.
This email violates German (and as far as I know European) law, when it
passed the Atlantic.
Sometimes it's a pity that German law standards are so different from
those in the US. Otherwise, I would petition our government to kidnap
you, send you to some off-shore prison like Guantanamo, employ special
'interrogation techniques' and finally get you sued to pay a few million
Euros for infringing my privacy with your spam.