Re: PSC 2350 and hpoj with SID ...

On Mon, Dec 19, 2005 at 01:39:09AM +0100, Hervé Piedvache wrote:

A little late, but better late than never...

> Hello,

Hi,

> I have a serious trouble to make running hpoj with my PSC 2350 ...

I have a PSC 2350 and I'm using hplip instead.

According to the description of the hpoj: "Upstream development for HP
multifunction devices has now been overtaken by the hplip package, if
you are running a USB or jetdirect interface you probably want to use
hplip instead."

So, in case you haven't tried that already, give it a try.

For CUPS I use the hp:/ interface rather that the usb:/ because it
gives me the biggest printable are (no annoyingly large margin at the
bottom of the page).

> I have connected the printer in USB ...
>
> I haven't find any solution in the documentation ...
> For your information I'm printing perfectly on my printer using CUPS with this
> configuration :
> # Printer configuration file for CUPS v1.1.23
> # Written by cupsd on dim 18 déc 2005 03:22:43 CET
> <DefaultPrinter HP_PSC2350>
> Info Imprimante Jet d'encre couleur
> Location Bureau Hervé
> DeviceURI usb://5740?serial=HU47TBR17TKJ
>
> So what can I do to make hpoj running ?? I want to use xsane for scanning ...
> and I haven't found any solution ... thanks per advance ...
>
> Regards,
> --
> Hervé Piedvache

Simo