Re: fsck Fails On Reboot After Partially Completed Testing Upgrade

try to create a folder called boot in your root sirectory and try to boot from there .

Kent West <westk@acu.edu> wrote:
Leonard Chatagnier wrote:

>I get these boot messages on a cold start or reboot
>after doing an
># aptitude upgrade -t testing that is still not
>completely finished.
>
>Checking root file system
>fsck 1.39-WIP(current date)
>/dev/hda1: Superblock last write time in future

I believe there was a thread last week dealing with this error, but I
didn't pay attention to it. You might want to see if you can find that
thread.

>I've followed these instructions several times and
>still get the error on bootup. When I run fsck from
>root after mounting /,rw, I get a warning about
>running fsck on a mounted fs and select "no" to
>continue.

I would boot off a LiveCD to run fsck on your root partition.

--
Kent