Re: How to get new Debian gpg keys?

Tom wrote:
> That works fine here, and the new key is listed in apt-key list output,
> but still, I get the GPG error when updating.
>
> I use ftp.de.debian.org as a mirror. I'd expect one key "to rule them
> all", but I could be very wrong, as usual. Is one key supposed to be
> valid for all archive mirrors? If so, is the cause of the error not with
> me, but with the mirror?

The Debian archive is signed once. Mirrors all mirror the same bits.

> Just for clarity, here's what I get:
>
> GPG error: http://ftp.de.debian.org unstable Release: The following
> signatures couldn't be verified because the public key is not available:
> NO_PUBKEY F1D53D8C4F368D5D

Key 4F368D5D is:

pub   1024D/4F368D5D 2005-01-31 [expires: 2006-01-31]
uid                  Debian Archive Automatic Signing Key (2005) <ftpmaster@debian.org>

Apt's bug means that you currently must have both the 2005 and the 2006
key in your apt keyring for it to function.

I can't say why you don't have it in your apt keyring. It's shipped in
apt or at http://ftp-master.debian.org/ziyi_key_2005.asc

--
see shy jo