Re: Building postgresql 8.1.0: trouble finding readline, libz, etc

On Sat, Dec 31, 2005 at 07:59:07PM -0600, Matt England wrote:
> At 12/30/2005 04:37 PM, Steve Block wrote:
> >Install the appropriate development packages for what you seem to be
> >missing. For example, the package libreadline5-dev (or libreadline4-dev,
> >as appropriate).
>
> Yep, after installing the "-dev" packages, the postgresql (in my case rev
> 8.1.1) build-from-source works just fine on Debian Sarge.

For others in this position: it may be worth installing the
build-essential metapackage which gives you enough to build debian
packages.

Matt: are you building this from pristine source? It's been packaged
for Debian in Debian unstable as far as I can see.
Take the sources from there and rebuild them more straightforwardly.

Andy