Re: Cannon PowerShot A410

On Fri, 30 Dec 2005 07:33 am, Hugo Vanwoerkom wrote:
----> Hugo Vanwoerkom wrote:
----> > Hi,
----> >
----> > A little while ago I posted a query on this camera.
----> >
----> > No answers.
----> >
----> > It turns out it is supported by gphoto2 w/o problems.
----> >
----> > However...
----> > make sure that you set
----> > CONFIG_USB_HIDDEV=y
----> > in your kernel. I did not do that and it will not be found without
 it. ----> >
---->
----> And another thing: when connecting the USB cable, make sure you have
 the ----> camera in *playback* mode. If you don't, there won't be any
 connection ----> and you'll be checking your cables all over the place, like
 I did. ---->
----> You'll then see:
----> kernel: usb 1-1: new full speed USB device using uhci_hcd and address 4
---->
----> and away you go...
---->
----> nice little camera.
---->
----> Thanks gphoto2!!!
---->
----> H

Thanks for that information Hugo, I don't have that camera, but it may also
apply to others. It is kind of you to post this even though no one replied to
your post, probably because they didn't know how to do what you discovered.

I for one appreciate this. It is very [sharing, co-operative] Linux like.
Thank you and all others who have done and do similarly,

Be well and have the best new year,
Charlie

--
Registered Linux User:- 329524