Re: dhcp client wifi setup

On Sat, 24 Dec 2005 19:29:30 +0000
Richard Lyons <richard@the-place.net> wrote:

> I am obviously missing the obvious here.  An IBM Thinkpad, sid, orinoco
> wifi card talks to the Netgear DG834G router when security is disabled,
> but when I turn WEP on it doesn't connect.
>
> /etc/network/interfaces has
>
>     iface eth0 inet dhcp
>     wireless-essid Coigxxxxxxxx
>     wireless-key xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xx

I have a card that uses the orinoco-pci driver and I specify the key
with a line like this:

wireless_key1 xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

: I think the only important difference is the omission of a separator
in the key leaving just the 26 characters of the key.

Normally I only see keys listed with out a separator or with a ':'
character between each hex digit which would make it.

wireless-key xx:xx:xx:xx:xx:xx:xx:xx:xx:xx:xx:xx:xx

Later, Seeker