Re: eMail Relaying to ISP using SMPT-Auth login

On 12/24/05, Michael Przysucha <mp@abi-2k3.net> wrote:
I've got a problem with my eMail-client and my ISP, the client does not support the SMTP-Auth machanisms required by
my ISP.
Trying to solve the problem I wanted to set up a Debian box (Soekris net4501 headless system) with a relaying system. I
tried sendmail, postfix, exim4 and so on but it didn't work any way. the system should work the way described in the
graphic below, maybe someone can help selecting the right program an configuring it for this purpose!?

Thanks in advance,
Michael Przysucha

eMail-client (Opera 5.12 build 932)

Regardless of the other advice you've gotten, you should upgrade from this ancient version of Opera as soon as possible.

This version has several well-known and published security holes.

Try downloading and upgrading to the most recent version from Opera.com.

Incidentally, this will result in a version that supports SMTP auth. :)
--
Jan