Re: Can't switch to virtual console anymore

On Thu 22 Dec 05,  9:43 AM, Kent West <westk@acu.edu> said:
> Peter Jay Salzman wrote:
>
> >Dear all,
> >
> >I can't switch to a virtual console any longer.  I'm fairly sure whatever
> >happened must have happened during my last "aptitude upgrade", because I
> >switch to VC's very very often.  Datapoints:
> >
> >0. This is a Debian/testing machine.
> >
> >1. My XF86Config does not contain the DontVTSwitch option.
> >
> I would expect that X.org has filtered into Testing by now; perhaps the
> problem is in xorg.conf rather than in XF86Config?

Yeah, you're right.  I hadn't noticed the existence of that file.
Unfortunately, the two files appear to be duplicates

   # diff xorg.conf XF86Config-4
   #

so there's no DontVTSwitch in /etc/X11/xorg.conf, either.   xwininfo and
xdpyinfo don't seem to give any info that appears relevent to the problem.
I was hoping they'd show "DontVTSwitch" in their output.  At least then I'd
know what was causing the problem.

This is so wierd...

Any other suggestions?

Thanks!