Mozilla 1.5 download directory

Hi all

I am using Sid and it seems i found a bug in de latest mozilla
package. I am not sure if this  is a mozilla bug or a debian package
bug so i ask here if more people can confirm this. I am also using KDE
and every time when i download something it is dropped in de
/home/user/Desktop directory while it was before always dropped in de
/home/user directory. I find it pretty annoying to mv these files
every time to my home directory from the Desktop directory but it
seems i can not set the Download directory in de preferences menu to
/home/user. I can set it to /home or even / (but the user doesn't have
write rights there) but when i set it to /home/user there is always
Desktop selected. Even when the /home/user directory is already set in
the about:config page.

TIA

Richard